Usage notesEnglish transcriptions of Chinese speech often fail to distinguish between the critical tonal differences employed in the Chinese language, using words such as this one without the appropriate indication of tone.
If you searched for Cong you may be looking for:
- Cong, County Galway, a village in the Republic of Ireland
- Cong, County Mayo, a village in the Republic of Ireland
- Cống, an indigenous people of about 1,300 living in Vietnam
- Cong (jade), a form of jade artifact from ancient China
- Cong Su (苏聪), a Chinese composer
- Cong Weixi (born 1933), Chinese author influential in the post-Mao literary scene
- Si Da Ming Cong tea, four famous Wuyi Oolong tea bushes
- Cong (Surname), (叢/丛) a Chinese surname.
- Cong, a common onomatopoeia used for pandas.
Cong appears in some Vietnamese names:
- Huynh Cong Ut, photographer for the Associated Press
- Pham Cong Tac, Pope of the Cao Dai Sect that battled for control of South Vietnam
- Trịnh Công Sơn (1939–2001), Vietnamese composer, musician, and songwriter
- Vo Chi Cong (born 1913), Vietnamese Communist political figure
- Vu Cong (ca. 1940–2004), Catholic Vietnamese politician in the South Vietnam, known in the US as Joseph Vu
Cong is also sometimes used as a shortened form which